Monday, December 13, 2010

The Wonder of Monday

I am one of the few persons on this grand planet who actually looks forward to Monday. Not too long ago, I received this post card in the mail:

...and for some reason, it reminded me of Mondays.  After the "hard partying"  (legos anyone?) of the Square Toothed/Mountain Man Clan on the weekends, "Monday Morning" is said with a hallowed tone and maybe a bit of longing too when I see the remains of our weekends around us.  Monday is my day to reset, renew, remind, and re-focus.  And for this reason, I really love Mondays.

Each day we are new.  I have long subscribed to the belief that we are always changing, growing and learning and therefore, we are never, ever, EVER the same person we were the day before--each day begins as a blank slate where we can flesh out and define our authenticity.  I for one, am grateful that I get to start anew each day, and none more than on Mondays...

Or, maybe it's just because there's a full seven days until Sunday rolls around again....

What is your favorite day of the week?  Why?
  
E-mail me at squaretoothedgirl@gmail.com or leave your comments here!  Live on the edge and become a follower of Diary Of A Square Toothed Girl...Join us in celebrating the simple moments of everyday life!!

6 comments:

  1. You love this Monday because you got to see me 67 times in 43 different aisles at Walmart! ;)
    I'm kind of partial to Mondays myself - five boys and all wrestling, all the time is just enough to make me adore quiet Monday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sunday afternoons. Church is over and we're living up the last few waking hours before Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ArlaMo, there is no one I would have rather run into than you! We should meet there more often...it made my Wal-mart experience WAY better than it would have been! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Monday's for the same reason's that you do. It's like a new start. Forget about what you didn't get done last week

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Monday was especially cheery this morning. A brisk walk and a sneak attack attempt by a nasty dog all before 6:45 a.m. It set the scene for a beauty of a day. I will take a sweet Sunday any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wednesday.
    I love Wednesdays, I always have. I love the thought of only a half a week left. You can restart your week if you need to, or you can just sail into Friday.

    ReplyDelete