Friday, January 7, 2011

Fantastic Favorites Friday & Today's Small Stone

        This week my favorite thing has been watching this hyacinth bulb sprout and grow.  It sits on the sill in my bedroom and the only thing that separates this tender plant from certain death is a very thin pane of turn of the century bubble glass.  Each morning, it is a little taller.  Then, wonder of wonders, in the dead of winter, here she is in full bloom.  I don't know why I think that this particular flower is a she, it's name could be Steve for all I know.





And, for having no background in photography, I thought this picture (taken in my kitchen) wasn't too shabby either...

P.S. Thanks, Nollie, for the bulb!

3 comments:

  1. Not too shabby, indeed. A lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa. By the way, your blog is a delight to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capture! Now you can enjoy Steve forever more.

    ReplyDelete