Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Small Stone the 19th


i breathe in your little boy sweetness

a cherished bouquet
all heat and syrup and soap

as you reach down from the high bunk to 
hug me goodnight

your little hand  
fitting like the pit of a plum 
within mine



                               __________________________________



During the month of January, I have committed to participating in a river of stones, International Small Stones Writing month. A small stone is a polished moment of paying proper attention.  My small stones have been moving around my blog like dancing toddlers, but for the remainder of January will be posted right here.
Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful.

    I haven't heard about this small stones thing, but I'm definitely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete