Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Amazing Grace

I have been quiet for a while.  My life has been calling, and you know how it is, blogging is the first thing that falls to the wayside--well, that and laundry, but that's another story.

Anyway, I've been thinking about grace.  Not necessarily God's Grace--although that's related, but the part of that Grace we extend to ourselves and others.  Old Mister Webster defines grace as, "unconstrained and undeserved divine favor or goodwill."

Lately, I've been the recipient of some pretty amazing grace.  No, God hasn't knocked on the door in the last month offering to make the path smooth, but there have been some amazing people who have the stamp of the divine so deeply written on their souls that there is no doubt in my mind that Love works in and through them.  These friends pour out "unconstrained and undeserved goodwill" upon me with the ease and beauty of true artists.

And they are artists.  Artists of extravagant love.  They have done for me what I could not do for myself.

To these dear, dear friends, I say, Thank you.  You have given me a gift I cannot ever hope to return or pay back; you've given the gift of time.  With unselfishness, you've extended grace to me, all the while reflecting the Divine in your loving kindness.

And that's pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment