Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catching Up, Walking & Sun

Thursday's Three Beautiful Things:

1. Catching Up.  Today I had lunch with a dear friend who I hadn't seen in a while.  Spending time with her feels like being reset to see the opportunities that life provides, if we simply pay attention.

2.  Walking.  If you've read here long, you know that walking is my coping mechanism for just about everything.  The more stressful the day, the longer the walk.  Today's walk was right on time.

3.  Sun.  After a long stretch of grey skies, the sun shined brightly, washing away all the dim memories of Winter.


What are your three beautiful things today?

6 comments:

  1. 1. Dr. Seuss (no matter how old we get!)
    2. Also had walk therapy today and loved it!
    3. Thinking that in the world there is YOU!!
    All good things! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. A husband who will bring me bandaids and a son who will grocery shop for me (because of the bandaids!)

    2. That if I had to get sick, it was after I had my six wonderful children! Just had a conversation with several younger Wegs patients who are worried about being able to have kids later.

    3. A semi-clean craft room so I can CREATE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, and now that it's cleaner, when am I coming over so you can mold me into a real crafty person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me! I am all alone on Tues-Thur mornings when Mason goes to preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I also like a semi-clean craft to create
    2. Taking a long hot bath.
    3. As soon as it a little warmer working in the yard. Letting the dirt run over my fingers and collecting my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Knitting when I reach that Zen state of not thinking, just being.
    2. A seminary class where the participate because they 'get' it.
    3. Being on the phone with my daughter when my grand baby comes up to her and asks "BaMa?" and wants to hold the phone and talk occasionally while I talk to her.

    ReplyDelete