Monday, March 7, 2011

Walking in Circles

I am walking in circles.

I am waiting.

Tick. Tick. Tick.  The clock is a cruel reminder that time is slipping away from me.  And yet, miraculously, life and living goes on.

Utterly unbelievable.

How to bring my self back from the brink and pay attention to the present moment?

I find weird comfort in quotes.  Feel free to disregard my blog for a while if your are not a quote lover, others always say things so much better than I.  Words keep me tethered to the present moment.  And I fear there will be more than a few quotes in the coming days.

Bear with me.

For for today, for this moment, in these words, I find comfort:

 "Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.  And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.  And how else can it be?  The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.  Is it not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?  And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?  
When you are sorrowful look into your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."
Khalil Gibran, The Prophet



5 comments:

  1. If we do not know the bitter, how can we know the sweet?

    I am more than a little weepy reading your posts, dearest Lisa. Hugs to you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quote is "We can all be great because we all a little of Heavenly Father in us."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and you Lisa. You amaze and inspire me. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some words wanting to be expressed can only be found in a listening ear and a warm embrace.

    ReplyDelete