Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"J"ust Showing Up

Recently, I had a little personal set back.  In the after shock, I was discouraged.  As I was lamenting my fate, a friend kindly reminded me that all I needed to do was, "Just show up."

What profound advice.

"Just showing up" means we keep trying.  Success is found in striving, working and aspiring after what we seek.  But sometimes, just showing up is all we can do.  We keep breathing.  We look ahead.  We hope.  We do the best we can, though our best may not meet the requirements of
others--but that's their problem, not yours.

So, day in and day out, in spite of discouragement along the journey, (or a million other obstacles) just showing up means we expect to move forward toward the direction of our dreams; and day by day we will eventually find the imaginings of our wildest dreams a reality.

How do you deal with discouragement?

Leave your comment here, or e-mail me at squaretoothedgirl@gmail.com...Check out what other A to Z writers are talking about by clicking the buttons to the right!!

3 comments:

  1. I found you from the A to Z challenge. I love this post. It's a great reminder to just keep swimming when the waters get rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and a very good reminder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just last night my husband were sitting on the front porch sipping our wine and talking. He was telling me about some advice he gave one of the seniors on the high school soccer team he coaches. He told the young man who had experienced a personal disappointment, "Failure isn't about the event of failing. It's about what you do next."

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete