Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vitamins



I've recently come to the disturbing conclusion that I am turning into my parents.  There have been subtle clues all along the way.  Sometimes my mom's voice comes out of my mouth when I say the word, "oil."  She is from the South, and the word, "oil" often sounds more like, "awl."

Other times, I find my dad in my very own hands.  Although he had prominent knuckles and my hands are visually knuckle-less, I catch myself using the same mannerisms that he used.  

Most curious is my slowly growing affinity for vitamins.  We used to tease my dad incessantly for how many vitamins he would take in a 24 hour period.  I recently cleaned out my vitamin stash, and learned that I was on my way to becoming the newest vitamin fanatic in the family.

There's good 'ole Vitamins C, B, E, & D.  Calcium for the bones, Co-Enzyme Q10 for healthy tissue, MSM/ Glucosamine for healthy joints, and low dose aspirin for the ticker.  These are in addition to any herbal supplements that are doctor approved.  As I head into middle age, I just want to cover my bases. 

What can I say?  I would buy snake oil if I thought it would do me any good.  

...It doesn't do any good, does it??   

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I can't believe how many vitamins and other supplements I have. I'm always learning about more I want but just don't have any room for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally the same Eliza! I'm getting out of control!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calcium (with magnesium), vitamin D, strontium, fish oil and a good (not over the counter) multi vitamin for me, just to add to all the other pills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the fish oil! (Got it, just forgot to mention it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's scary, isn't it? I saw it coming 20 years ago, and I tried fighting it, but to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to take mine this morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete