Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blog awards and some random trivia...

My lovely blog friend, Cathy over at Cathy Lost and Found passed on these blog awards with the condition that I pass them on to five other bloggers!  Thanks, Cathy!!

 As a part of receiving the awards we are to include seven random pieces of trivia about ourselves...

1. I can tap dance, and I do...frequently, but not very well. 

2. My favorite household item is my tambourine.  

3. I loathe cooking dinner each night...however, if I have a plan, I love it. Therefore, Mountain Man surreptitiously brings home cooking magazines...when he begins to bring home the ingredients, then I'll be ready for action!

4. While not an advocate of violence, there is one exception:  the person who wrote (that is a loose term) the music for the video games on the Nintendo Wii.  They should be exiled to a padded room where their ungodly noise is piped into the space 24/7.

5. Technology remains a mystery to me.  I know.  I have a blog, and because of that I've come a long way, however, my friend Cathy awarded me these blog awards 2 weeks ago and it's just now that I've figured out how to get them over here.  I can't program VCR's--(but who has those anymore!) And Tivo scares the pants of off me...but I'd rather read anyway.

6. Speaking of reading, when entering Powell's Books, I feel like Augustus Gloop entering Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  My eyes dilate, my stomach fills with butterflies and I--I--there are just no words...sigh.

7. My favorite thing to do is be with my little family.  There is the venerable Mountain Man aka Hot Lips, my daughter, Brace Face and my son, Diastema.  Wonder why they have such weird nicknames?   Read this.

The 5 other lovely bloggers I would like to award these two beautiful awards to are:

RJR over at RJR Daydreamer
Julie over at What Else is Possible
mybabyjohn over at The Feathered Nest
Eliza over at Ellie's Couch

Enjoy your Wednesday!


5 comments:

  1. Hi! You're welcome! Sorry for the techie torture ... I frequently yell for my hubby or my kids to help me make things work ... I really ought to give them an honorable mention somewhere on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa!! And congratulations on your awards! I enjoyed reading your random trivia. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Lisa. Always nice to be thought of. Actually, just last week I finished the recommendations for those very two awards. Knowing that you wanted to pass them back to me just makes them that much more special. I hope you will continue to drop in on thefeatherednest and her sister blogs youngish and the tormented scribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lisa! I'm working on my acceptance post now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, gee shucks Lisa! Thanks so much! I consider that an honour from the gal with the coolest blog name in the cyberworld! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete