Thursday, September 22, 2011

Three Beautiful Things Thursday

One of my favorite blogs is called Three Beautiful Things.  Many of you know that I'm a big fan...so, to honor it's lovely author, and to keep promoting my own awareness of the beautiful, Thursdays around the Diary are now devoted to three beautiful things...but just Thursdays, 'cause there's more stuff I want to talk about than three things.

Without further ado...Thursday's Three Beautifuls:


Richard, Bob & Daniel.


On my 3BT posts, I sometimes wax on about flowers and the sky, but this week, they are devoted to three fellows who made my week brighter and lighter...and I don't even know them all that well.

Richard is the guy that checks my groceries at the local health food market.  He's British (and therefore has a super cool accent.)  He's always polite (another plus.) And if those two things weren't cool enough, no one is ever in his line when I'm there.  Richard makes grocery shopping bearable, and (dare I say it,) beautiful?!
Here's to you, Richard!

Bob.  Life in this old house is one big, long list of chores.  When you think you may see the light at the end, don't kid yourself, that's just a fire in the oven.  Therefore, there's always a million things that need to be replaced, refinished, repainted or redone.

Bob was the Tile man that made my dreams come true this week.  He put in the new back splash that's been off the wall for 3 months.  My adoration for Bob is so extensive that he's promised to come back soon (at least that's what I think he yelled as he ran screaming from the house...) to re-tile the bathroom.

I heart you Bob.

Daniel is the guy who mows my lawn.  This is a new phenomenon at Villa Square Mountain--(dang, that name sounds stupid too!) We are chronic do-it-yourself-ers, and having someone else mow your lawn is DIY heresy in the extreme...but it has changed my life in many ways.

For a while, I felt like the guy in the Little Caesar's Pizza suit trying to get customers to come in. I'm no longer outside for people to wave and honk at on the busy corner, and now people really have to make an effort to contact me, which may explain why I now have a  stalker.

In any case, there isn't a day that goes by when Mountain Man and I don't look at each other and uttered the words, "I love Daniel."

P.S. I have to amend my Three Beautiful Things...I just read this.  My blog friend Crystal is hilarious.  If you haven't, check her out...and making me laugh out loud is definitely a beautiful thing!

What are your three four beautiful things?

7 comments:

  1. i love this! My four beautiful things this week are:
    1. Ice cold water. I crave it all the time.
    2. Romanian Babies when they fall asleep in my arms.
    3. Seeing my family over skype.
    4. Hearing about things back home and looking at the Romanian country side!
    oh and P.S. I am in the process of writing you and your clan thank you notes...with romanian souvenirs attached! I thought it would be cooler to bring something back for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love your beautiful things. My beautiful things are:
    1. I spent time with a brilliant little girl that made me happy.
    2. I've been fortunate to get a seat on the subway 4 times during rush hour this week.
    3. So far, I've missed the rain completely (I've been inside every time it rained, and had to go outside as soon as it was sunny again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.
    1. Looking forward to freshly washed bedding tonight.
    2. Reading a sloshy romance novel.
    3. Fixing pulled pork for my husband's dinner; he will love it.
    4. Lying on the couch in absolute silence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful things, one and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I think my #1 is also Daniel.
    2. Making Robots jump through holes with the Mountain Man
    3. Watching a 70 year old man give up his seat to a pregnant woman on the metro
    4. That you added a #4 is beautiful to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think your chops are beautiful, Matt, as well as your giving heart, your sense of humor, and the fact that I owe you Bajio's when next we meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased I made you laugh out loud! Thank you so much for including me in your post today.

    I feel so beautiful now... :)

    ReplyDelete