Monday, October 10, 2011

The Great Fall Clean Out

This week has been a week of organization--and I feel frantic.  However, it's an easy frantic--a frantic that makes me want to clean every drawer, pull out every piece of clothing and climb every mountain...oh wait, that's another day.

Anyway, today is going to be one of my favorite days of the year. It is the day I remove every book from every shelf and reevaluate what I own. Today is the day I get rid of my "stuff." Today is the day I take a good look at what I've accumulated and take the unused, unnecessary and uninspired and pass it on for someone else to enjoy.  Today is the day of the Great Fall Clean Out.

So you see, I can't spend much more time blogging...

Wish me luck.

How do you feel about getting rid of your stuff?

5 comments:

  1. How do you do it all in one day? :) I'm just putting out autumn decorations which means I'm also pulling down some "regular" decor and then have to find a place to put all of that! (but I love doing it; it just takes me more hours than I'd like to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chronic tosser! :) I have no attachment to stuff, so it's easy to get rid of it--which makes me wonder why I own it to begin with!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those days. They are difficult because I am a hoarder at heart. I love all the things I own, which is why I purchased them in the first place. But there does come a time when I must surrender my excessive piles of stuff and share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there something about fall that triggers a purge cycle? I'm going through the same thing right now, although it takes me far longer than one day to do it... I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! We always hear about Spring cleaning, but it's fall for me...every year I get borderline OCD about the purge...and no jealousy, I'm still working on it--although I CAN see the top of my desk now....:)

    ReplyDelete