Thursday, December 22, 2011

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen--and Ladies, or, the update on the most relaxed day I've had in a year.

Guess what?  It's Christmas.  Eeeeeeee!  I'm not expecting a present under the tree this year, because I don't really care about stuff--it just ends up broken or out of date and I give it to Goodwill--but I am over the moon this week because it's time for me to disengage from my life for a good ten days.


My phone just rang for the first time in 3 days, and it was a wrong number.  People have stopped sending me emails because I keep telling them I won't be in contact until January.  I've cancelled or said no to all commitments, save one on Christmas morning, and I am done. Done. DONE.


Hallelujah!  Today I spent running errands that I've put off for the last month but that I actually like to do.  I went and washed my car.  Mountain Man had the day off of work (due to the holiday season) and he accompanied me on my miscellaneous adventures which included going to the car wash.  (Side note: If you haven't made out with your husband in a car wash in a while, you definitely should.)  


Then we went to a fabric store, (where I did not buy fabric because I try not to sew unless someone needs swaddling clothes,) and I purchased paper to make Christmas ornaments.  I'll post more on that adventure later...


Homeward bound we headed, where we ate leftovers, watched White Christmas, and laughed while the kids assembled their annual lego town on the dinning room floor.  


I did not clean.  I did not bake.  I did not answer the phone, solve any problems, think deep thoughts or speak to a single crazy person.  This is the first day of the year that I have felt truly rested.


Thanks be to God.  


Have you been able to take a breath this holiday season?

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your well deserved rest! Hope to see you Friday. Love you Chica see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. My day went equally as well. Yay for Christmas!!! I wish it would never end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, Lisa! :) Blessings and a Happy New Year! Love, The Modest Peacock and her 4 Cute Gremlins. :)

    ReplyDelete