Monday, January 9, 2012

Walking, Yoga, Stones, Balance and Freaking Out

I am a chronic freak-outer.  I'm not saying it's right, it just is.  I'm like Niagara Falls.  You can't stop me.  I'm a force of nature.  Over the edge and

                                                         down,


                                                                down,


                                                                          down,


                                                                                  down,

                                           
                                     
                                                                                        down,   I go.

Sometimes it's over big stuff.  Sometimes it's not.  Just so we're clear:  To some, my freaking out could be considered someone else's "calm"--on the other hand, my freaking out could also be considered someone else's "crazy town."  What can I say?... It takes all kinds.

I've always been on the lookout for balance to my freak.  Walking is my daily drug of choice.  With the Decemberists/Indigo Girls/Adele and many others in my ears, I can walk away from the zombies of my life and put everything in order.

Yoga helps too, and writing small stones, and counting my blessings, and focusing on the positive, and meditation, and eating right, and being kind to strangers, and a million other things.
Which makes me wonder:  What if my freak out is just to bring me to balance?

After all, we've all got something that needs balancing.

How do you find your balance? 





Happy day one of the 21 day challenge to all my  Yoga buddies at the Social Workout!

8 comments:

  1. I find I freak out less and less these days. It's nice. Drama causes wrinkles, ya know. Vanity calms me if nothing else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I know, I totally keep it contained. ;)

    Crystal, I'm hoping I mellow...it would be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am learning that walking everyday really helps me as well. and telling someone that i have not told in awhile that i love them. love you, ladyface.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you right back Megan MF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I'm saying, Alisha...;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, I'm working on the balance thing!:) It's something I've given alot of thought so since last Summer. But I love the view that the negative experience can lead to the positive one!

    ReplyDelete