Monday, March 26, 2012

You give me fever

Dear Spring,

Thanks for the fever.  But it's not the kind of weary feverish fever that makes me curl up and want to die, it's the fever that makes me want to open every window, throw on the yard shoes and dig in the dirt.  Your fever  helps me notice the green un-mowed goodness waiting to be cut into submission, or better, left to grow and twist in the wind on one of your blustery days that will soon come again.

To be honest Spring, I'm kind of embarrassed by my fellow humans who complain about you all the time.  Seriously, what's not to love?  You have a little something for everyone: rainy mornings, sunny afternoons, chilly nights.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes.  It's nice to be reminded that flexibility behooves us all.  

All my best,
Lisa




8 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely photos! I would never complain about Spring. She is one of am favorite times of year. The flowers open the senses like nothing else can. Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about spring except blackflies.
    Argh - I looked outside this morning and the deck was coated with ice. Spring! Come back! I love you! I'll even take the blackflies! SPRIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll help you scream that, Cathy! "SPRIIIIIIIIIIIING! COME BACK SPRIIIIIIIIING!" :)

      Delete
  3. Just saying the word 'spring' makes me feel frisky. Loved the photos!

    ReplyDelete