Annnnnyway, knowing the signs of wanderlust are important so you can know when it's time to pack your bags and flee.
The signs of wanderlust include:
- Keeping an up to date passport in case you are approached by MI-6 for a super secret spy mission.
- Buying mini-bottle after mini-bottle of travel size shampoo and conditioner. Seriously, your bathroom looks like a Motel 6.
- Pushing the boundaries of your ethnic cooking, trying such recipes as Scrapple, or Headcheese, just so you can be prepared to eat street rat in Thailand with the ease that you eat M&M's here at home.
- Your favorite TV show is PBS' "Rick Steves". Not only do you watch him every week, his previous seasons are in your Netflix queue and when you bid farewell to your friends, you say, "Keep on travelin'!"
- You have the maps of all major European cities downloaded onto your phone. You also spend your free time learning how to say, "Where is the bathroom?" and, "How much is this ugly and overpriced souvenir?" in French, Italian, German, and Ket, an obscure language spoken by only about a hundred people in central Siberia. Because...well, you just never know when you might get to central Siberia, and it's best to be prepared.
- You Google a popular "What every traveler should know" site, where you regularly refresh the protocol for tipping waiters in Italy, how to escape a hotel fire, and the best methods to survive a plane crash should the unthinkable occur.
- All of your pins on Pinterest are of other countries and far off lands.
- You check airfaire deals on tickets to Greece daily. And when you purchase something your first though isn't, "How much is this?" but, "How many miles will this get me??"
- You buy bottled water from various countries in an attempt to get your fragile digestive system used to foreign parasites.
- You try squatting over your toilet instead of sitting on it so you will be prepared for lands where that is the preferred method of voiding. Try it. I dare ya.
- You time yourself to see how fast you can take off your shoes, watch, and jewelry to see if you can beat your previous record as timed by your friendly TSA agent.
- Said TSA agent is on your Christmas card mailing list.
- You keep adding things to a list about knowing the signs of wanderlust because you really DO dream of fleeing to far off lands every, single, day.
Do you suffer from wanderlust?