So,I am supposed to answer the following questions, then tell you some random stuff...so here goes!
What is your favorite song?
My favorite song right now is "Beauty in the World" by Macy Grey. She rocks the reminder that there is beauty in the world if we just pay attention. Also, I love anything by the Indigo Girls because it is still 1989 and I can't find my Aqua Net.
What is your favorite dessert?
Pie. My momma's chocolate pie. Or cake. Or anything that my friend Sassy Britches makes. Because I think she puts drugs in her food--but my mom may put drugs in her food too and that's what it tastes so good and why I'm shaped like a bundt cake. See, there was no hope.
When you are upset, what do you do?
I walk. I'm like Forrest Gump, except not so tall, and I'm not a man, and I don't plan on running across the United States seven hundred times and I don't think that life is like a box a chocolates, it's more like a Shepherd's Pie. Some of it's meaty, some of it's fluffy and some of it I'd just rather skip.
What was my favorite pet?
I am not a pet owner, and I never owned a pet as a kid either. Although my dad was notorious for planting and then cutting down trees. He'd plant them, let them grow for a couple of years then yank them out. There was a nectarine tree that we all loved a lot, until my dad sent it to the great big tree farm in the sky.
Does that count?
What do you prefer to wear, black or white?
Black. Because I'm the female version on Johnny Cash. But with less addiction and musical talent.
What is your biggest fear?
Falling down the stairs at church and screaming, "@#!%$&*!!!" as loud as possible.
What is your attitude mostly?
Annoyingly optimistic. I even annoy myself.
What is perfection to you?
Well, according to the Greeks, perfection translates to the word "telios" meaning wholeness. So when Jesus said, "Be ye therefore Perfect." He was really saying "be ye therefore whole." So the question I guess is, what is wholeness to me? Wholeness to me is being kind, loving, generous and living simply--and paying attention to the joy along the road.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Hmmmmm...I look forward to every evening after the kids are in bed and Mountain Man and I catch up on the day, tell each other the juiciest work gossip and wrestle with life's great questions like, "How long to you think it will take to get the front porch painted?"
Ten Random Things about me:
- I have a favorite pair of shoes that make me feel like I own the planet...or maybe just France, Italy and part of Montreal.
- I make a lot of lists. I like to cross things off and feel like I accomplished something, even if its, "got out of bed".
- I can tap dance. But rarely do, which is really just a crying shame, because there should be more tap dancing in the world.
- I loathe cooking dinner each night. It has less to do with cooking than it does having a PLAN of what to cook. But if you can't find me at 6 pm, I'm probably hiding under the bed.
- I rarely sleep through the night, troubled by such questions as, "How will I kill the raiding hordes of zombies that will inevitably come in 2012?" and "Did I pay the water bill?" You see, they are equally as important.
- I am so glad summer vacation is on it's way so I can finally stop sharing my children with the public school system that I lovingly refer to as "The Man." I'm sick of the The Man and his rules like, "Be here on time!" and "You can't wear pajamas to school." Seriously, Man, get over yourself. You're fired.
- I like to sleep in, when I sleep that is...
- I NEVER, EVER answer my front door--because how do you think the zombies are going to sneak in? Obviously, they will knock and come through the front door, because zombies are polite and etiquette aware...right?
- This is the daily dialogue I have with myself: Today I will give up Diet Coke...."But I love it." No! No more chemicals! "But it tastes so good!" You are oozing formaldehyde! "But it's the elixir of life!" At this point I usually crack open a cold one and enjoy every carbonated ounce with glee.
- I like dangley earrings. I once pierced my ear in a mall bathroom because the jewelry store wouldn't pierce my ear up in the cartilage because I was under eighteen. It was unsanitary, but I still have the hole, and my ear didn't fall off.
And the Awards go to.....
Annalisa Crawford at Wake up, Eat, write, sleep.
Crystal at Crystal's a Pistol
Ellie at Ellie's Blank Book
Jenny at The Modest Peacock
Judy at Judy-minute by minute day by day
Andrea at Maybe it's just me....
Susan at The Contemplative Cat
Tell me something about YOU now...:)