Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Running from Zombies

So yesterday's post was about my recent attempt at running, or rather, wogging, since it's slower that a jog but faster than a walk.  In response, a couple of friends shared these two little gems with me that I just had to pass on.

The first is that there is a 5k obstacle course where you REALLY GET TO RUN AWAY FROM ZOMBIES!!!!  If I wasn't so sure that the zombies would eat me (snatch my flags) in less that 3.2 seconds, I'd totally register.  But my real question is: How can I volunteer as a flag snatching zombie for the day??


The second is this.  Which needs no explanation, but just know that I run like the Geezer...maybe I should get a headband.  



What kind of wogger are you?


14 comments:

  1. Having zombies chase me is about the only way you'd actually get me to run. :)

    Yikes! It's like being in an episode of "The Walking Dead" - where's Daryl and his crossbow when you need him?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'd have to learn to run with a crossbow!! :) ...as if running weren't hard enough!

      Delete
  2. In ZombieLand, the key to surviving the apocalypse is good cardio. I'm glad to know that this advice is being tested by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, those zombies would still TOTALLY eat my brains! I'm too slow!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm doing the 5k run when it comes to Indy. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd so want to be the Dandy in that clip, but really I want to run like Phoebe in that episode of Friends!

    As for Zombies - sign me up too. That was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The friends I'm running with and I all want to run the entire race like Phoebe!! I want to have t-shirts that say, "You think I'm an unorthodox runner? Bite me!!" ;)

      Delete
  5. isn't that call 'speed walking'? though wogging sounds more fun. have you seen that movie, "walk, don't run" with Cary Grant? one of the characters is in the olympics for speed walking. it's quite a fun movie, you should watch it.

    I'm a slow walker and I don't like to jog but getting chase by zombies is a great motivator. and besides, any motivation is better than none, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speed walking sounds cool--what I do is definitely NOT cool--so wogging it is.

      I will check out that movie, it sounds hilarious!! :)

      Delete
  6. I totally am the awkward runner video...I think in a single wogging experience, I have done each of the runs... To a T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just gonna run like Phoebe from Friends the whole 5k--I may sing too...

      Delete
  7. I just did a half marathon on Saturday. By the end I was def a scary zombie. An enormous SCARY, MESS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my next goal...you know, if I don't die on Saturday. I'm slow but steady...:) CONGRATS on the half marathon, Crystal, you ROCK!!!

      Delete