Saturday, June 16, 2012

Girls & Camping, the Follow-up

It is 1:37 in the afternoon, and I am not afraid to admit it, I am just waking up.  After two weeks of sleeping less than four hours a night in preparation for girl's camp, and then the three hours (or less) over the last four nights, I'm not too proud to say, " I. Am. Tired."

What a great week.  We were fed by the goddess of cooking (and my friend, Sassy Britches) who can make ANYTHING taste like it just came from Wolfgang Puck's kitchen...except it's better, because she cooked it.  We laughed until the wee hours of the morning every night, we enjoyed the rich, (and sometimes confusing) conversation of teenage women--without bringing home any annoying ticks or teenage catch phrases.

I have not said the phrase "epic fail" once in the last 24 hours, so I know that the most popular phrase of camp hasn't clamped its painted nail talons onto me (thank heavens) and it was a great week all in all.

There were a couple of conversations I thought would result in some worried emails by parents--like how to push out a baby--trust me, it sounds worse than it was--or when Mrs. Marcus told us about her first date with her sweetheart and one of our spunkiest girls blurted out, "And then he said, let' go to the janitor's closet!"  Which made us all laugh, then wonder what T.V. show she's been watching, or which janitor's closets she's been walking by.

But one thing was clear: if the future of the world is in the hands of the young people, we're gonna be alright.  

Now, I'm off to do a Mount Everest pile of laundry, and shower again to see if I can get the smell of campfire out of my hair.

What did you do this week?

21 comments:

  1. It sounds like you all had a really nice time camping.
    I continue to live vicariously through blogs. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do anything nearly as fun this week as what you did. Then again, Friday was the last day of school for my kids. Hopefully we'll do lots of fun stuff later in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like NOW my summer can begin! Whooohooo!

      Delete
  3. Heard Darth Vader and Cello Wars was epic. no fail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic Fail, how cool. Sounds like camp was fun. Welcome back to the blogosphere!

    My kids ended school this week too. YAY summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're back! EPIC!
    I went to your last blog before reading this one - I was honestly afeared for ya after that one but it sounds like you had an EPIC time!
    And snogging in the bush? Seriously, that's the best epic of them all! Why do you think I like camping so much? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-MEN Sista!!! Bush snogging is the BEST and one of the only reasons to camp often!! :D

      Delete
  6. Lisa, it was so nice seeing you up there and I loved your Star Wars theme! I have slept more this weekend than usual and it's felt good! I agree about the state of our future if left in the hands of our youth; they're great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon Broadhead!!! Yes, we have fantastic youth out there!!! :)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE camping and I do go camps a lot! :) Sounds like you have a good time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeee toooo! I live to be outside! Bears, ticks, snakes and all...well, ok, I could leave the snakes...:)

      Delete
  8. I am running behind, but am glad I didn't have to wait after your previous blog to find out if you survived camping (or if it was to be an epic fail)! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so out of touch with being gone this last week, I am completely out of touch! xoxo!

      Delete
  9. I am so jealous. (Except about the smoky hair) Your adventure sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! ...AND it's good to be home...:)

      Delete
  10. You deserve the Versatile Blogger Award! Check my blog for the award!
    http://ak-ou-stik.blogspot.in/2012/06/appreciation.html

    ReplyDelete