Thursday, June 7, 2012

Guess What We Did??!!

Today is the anniversary of those two young people to the right.

Mountain Man and I are celebrating 15 years of wedded gooey goodness today.  It was really a poor date choice as we later realized, because every year it fell right in the middle of finals week (when we were in college) and now is the last week of school for our own kids.

Needless to say, sometimes we forget.  Lucky for us, we don't really care, and we usually forget together so sometime in July we turn to one another and say, "Hey, we forgot our anniversary."

I know that this picture is atypical for a bride and groom, but what can I say?  Pictures taken with my mouth closed look like I'm in a mug shot.

This picture is particularly close to my heart because it was the picture we slapped on the front of a postcard and sent to all of our friends and family after we got married.  The back said, "GUESS WHAT WE DID??!!"

It was the best idea ever.  We ran away, parents, siblings and best friends in tow and sealed the deal.  Then we hopped a plane and traveled for a month...where Mountain Man contracted strep throat in France and then we came home.

There's a bunch of stories in there, which I may tell another time, but what I wanted to say (to one of the two people who are notified by email when I write a new blog post) is:

Happy Anniversary Mountain Man.  You are the bread to my butter and the breath to my life.
I'm still glad I married you...
....and you know the rest.


34 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I love this picture. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. All of it. Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You haven't changed a bit - - I wouldn't recognize you with your mouth closed (she said lovingly). Mountain Man has changed just a tad - - the glasses were way awesome!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About a month after we were married I stepped on the glasses...it cannot be proven (or disproved) whether it was on purpose or not..hee hee!!!

      Delete
  4. Awww, happy anniversary! You both look like kids! Sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo! Too cute and too fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, happy crystal anniversary! I think I got my husband icebreaker mints with flavor crystals that year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Mountain Man is getting a pizza...that's romantic, right??

      Delete
    2. as much so as breath mints! :)

      Delete
  7. What a sweet story and wonderful picture! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Love you and Mountain Man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!! Guess what?? I was married on June 6th, 1997!!! one day before YOU! 15 years is a long time. I'm grateful we all got here in tact and happy.

    You are so cute in your wedding dress. Happy happy joy joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously? Can you two BE any cuter?????
    Happy Anniversary, Lisa! Hope you and your Mountain Man find some romance time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was before I stepped on Shiloh's big glasses and he cut his hair...and before I went grey...:)

      Delete
  11. Fun post. Awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! My hubby and I just celebrated our 14th anniversary. My dress was just like yours and like you, it was the best decision ever! Wishing you a happy anniversary (even though it was yesterday and I'm late)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo is awesome! Congratulations to you both. Hubby and I will celebrate #14 in the fall, so we're right on your tail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated wishes for a very happy anniversary! (LOVE your expression in that pic!) :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I fell in love with your blog and became your follower! This is just awesome! :) Temple marriage is my biggest dream!! I'm a 16-year-old mormon girl from Finland, you can follow me back if you want to. Happy summer!! :)

    xoxo
    Susanna
    http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you Susanna! I love to make new friends!! Sending love your way!!! xo!

    ReplyDelete