Wednesday, July 25, 2012

To Love Another Person

I'll be honest--I have had one hell of a week.
I feel like life has chewed me up and spat me out about fourteen times.

A dear friend of mine heard of my distress and although she lives half a continent away, had another friend deliver an unexpected surprise to my doorstep:

A HUGE Diet Coke and some cinnamon rolls...

It was a small and simple gift, but rare and beautiful and full of love.
As I took a long drink, my spirit took in a deep breath, and I heard Victor Hugo's words in my mind, "To love another person is to see the face of God."


Thanks, ladies.  You made my day.  I love you both!

When have you had an unexpected kindness brighten your day?

  




12 comments:

  1. Oh new friend, so sorry for your craptastic week. I hear you (must be somethin' in the water)! Friends are THE best, so glad you had someone who knew your need and was thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure the craptastic weeks help me appreciate the really good ones...I'm on the upswing now...Mostly because I'm leaving town! :)

      Delete
  2. I received a thank you note in the mail from a writing friend who I had helped a bit with some novel pitches. It was unnecessary, since she already thanked me via email and I knew my help was appreciated, but, still, the handwritten note was such a nice gesture and made my day.

    Hope things are getting better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like a hand written note!!

      And yes, I'm better today--and leaving town tomorrow...I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Hope life gets better very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's better already...thanks so much, Annalisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your hard time; friends are our angels on earth, aren't they? Sounds like you have some wonderful angels in your life. And you're right; the crappy days help you appreciate the great ones! And there's nothing like some sugar to help a person feel better! (at least in my world!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww so sweet! I had a friend organize my (and purchase new) plastic container drawer while we were out of town one time!

    ReplyDelete