Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Make It Stop.

Quite a while ago, I was in the grocery store when I ran into a woman who was wearing a tee shirt that read, "Make it stop."

I laughed right out loud when I saw it, because it pretty much summed up things effectively and succinctly.

When I told her that I loved her tee shirt she admitted that many people come up to her when she wears it and say, "I don't get it...make what stop?"

She always answered, "If you don't get it, I'm not going to explain it."
Later that day I was sharing this story with a group of people. When I said, "And her tee shirt said, Make It Stop!" the two women to my right busted out great, big belly laughs and as we were wiping the tears from our eyes we noticed that we'd been the only ones laughing.

And then someone said, "I don't get it."

And another person said, "Me neither."

There was a long pause while I decided how to explain the inexplicable.
I finally said, "Give it a minute, it will come to you....how about those Seahawks, huh??"

I've mulled over this experience for a few years now, and I still am not sure what it was exactly that made that tee shirt the best darn tee I've ever seen...except that some days, it pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

If you could "make it stop" what would it be?


14 comments:

  1. Negative thoughts. Yours, mine, and theirs. The world would all smile and even, dare say, laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things, Lisa. Depends on the day/week/month/year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sense that I'm waiting for, well, something. I'd like to be better at living in the now instead of anticipating ends or beginnings or nexts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've felt/feel that too...oh the joy of living in the present...I'm not there yet!

      Delete
  4. Stop what? Anyone who asks that question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever's pissing me off... I've got a list... *pulling toilet paper out of pocket*

    ReplyDelete