Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bring it on, Zombie Freaks!

As many of you know, I've been waiting for the zombie apocalypse to begin for some time now. Mountain Man has the required amount of guns, ammo and a prime spot all picked out from which to shoot the zombies should they attack.

Of course, I don't exactly know HOW many guns or how MUCH ammo that would be, but apparently, it's enough to take out the majority of the population of this small town if everyone turns into a zombie during the night, (except us) like I'm fully expecting them too.

I've done my due diligence too and stocked up on Diet Coke and organic-slave free chocolate to eat while we wait out the storm. The kids have been practicing their bike jousting (riding a bike while holding a spear to impale zombies on) and they feel adequately prepared should the unthinkable occur.

I, for one, think the Zombie Apocalypse has already begun. But before you start laughing and delete me from your blogroll, think about this: If this current election season has taught us anything, it's that zombies run the world, or are trying to. Zombies also run all forms of media, own McDonald's (ever eaten a chicken nugget? Braaaaaaaaains, friend, braaaaaaaains--) and are the freaks who charge so stinking much for an herbal tea at Starbucks.

I also believe there are a couple of zombie teachers at my kid's schools, and I'm pretty sure that Mountain Man's former employer was one as well.

Maybe it's just Halloween, and I'm feeling all spoooooooooooooky, but look around, you might see a couple in your neighborhood too.

So bring it on, zombie freaks!!!
And ...
Happy Halloween!


I find it best to be dressed in costume while fighting zombies...

14 comments:

  1. Have you watched The Walking Dead yet? I am convinced everyone is turning already. I am on the wagon... So I dress as an African Priestess to fight them off just like my Great grandma ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Hulia!!! Voodoo those zombies up!

      Delete
  2. You're such a good mom! Bike jousting. Who would have thought?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Look at me teach survival skills! ;)

      Delete
  3. You're right, I'm sure I know a couple of zombies too. I'll stay inside tonight, just in case...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't take chances! Stay indoors and eat chocolate. :)

      Delete
  4. yes, why not dress for the occasion? you should look good fight zombies of cause, it's only natural.

    have a great halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Yes, of course! :) Have a happy halloween, Lissa!! :)

      Delete
  5. It's so important to prepare kids to survive in a desolate apocalyptic zombie wasteland. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that the kids are prepping as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's best, when fighting zombies, to work as a family...;)lol!

      Delete
  7. Man, my zombie preparedness is woefully lacking. Tell me, do you run a zombie boot camp, of some sort? That'd be dead helpful (pun totally intended).
    Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Swing on by, and bring some alcohol. We're teetotallers around here, but we make a mean Molotov cocktail! :)

      Delete