Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12 of Giving Thanks, or, Spending Time With Straight Face

My daughter, Straight Face, is 14. Well...almost 14. (We've been instructed to "round up" since her half birthday in July.)

Due to the Veteran's Day holiday, Straight Face and I fled for the "big city" an hour away for some much needed girl time.

And this is what I learned (again) being with her:

She is hilarious.
She is kind.
She's as smart as all get out.
She works hard.
She is generous.
She's a million other facets of joy in human form.

I am grateful for this beautiful creature who gives love at every turn and is growing up right before my eyes.



What are you grateful for today?

10 comments:

  1. How could she NOT be hilarious, being YOUR daughter, lol?! And you forgot to mention that she is beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful day! Today I am thankful for dogs that press in close to you while you sleep, early morning writing time, COFFEE... and so much more! I'm thankful that I can read your blog first thing and get my mind focused in the right direction for the day. Thanks for being thankful! It inspires...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All wonderful things to be thankful for! :)

      Delete
  2. That's adorable :) God bless her and keep her safe for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my sister, who has gotten me laughing more in the last week (while I've been staying with her) than in the whole last year combined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how i love this! my daughter is 12 and i hope she will still hang out with me at 14!

    ReplyDelete