Sunday, November 11, 2012

Days 9, 10 & 11 of Thirty Days of Thanks, or, Snapshot Sunday

This has been a crazy busy week, and to be honest, I've been all riled up inside. There have been a couple of days of fist shaking at the sky. Whenever change rears it's head, I tend to shake my fists. I also frequently forget to breathe and yell at other drivers, even if they're not doing anything wrong.
This week has felt like a step back in our recent journey. Things just seem to be getting more confusing.

However, I'm still grateful for this beautiful time of year and the gifts of color and cold, and fire (in the fireplace) and friends.

Here's a few pictures of my gratitude:











What are you grateful for this beautiful Sunday evening?

6 comments:

  1. i am thnakful
    1. for you and your wonderful family
    2. for me
    3. veterans who love this country and don't complain about what war has cost them - quite often everything - it is such a refreshing change from all the sore losers who are complaining about what obama's election is going to cost them - you would think every one of our republican relatives make more than 250K and that obama is the devil's spawn who somehow stole the election just to run this country into the ground - tired of their whining - you are probably tired of mine
    4. i am grateful that my cousins gay son (who served in the military for 22 years) will now be able to marry his 20+ year love because bigotry is losing its grip on a small majority of people in washington state. i am sorry that he has to struggle with whether he should invite his (our)family because none of them will approve.
    5. i am grateful that i have met such a variety of wonderful people in my life - their friendships have helped me expand my vision of the universe and the very nature of god
    6. and again i am so grateful for you and yours!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it all!!! I'm grateful for you too Aunt Lynnette!! I love you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am grateful for your friendship and the honesty of your posts...and these amazing photos!!! I love that you can find beauty and express gratitude in the midst of your confusion as you try to find your way. Those things guarantee that you WILL find the direction you seek. Hang in there and know that you are loved! The rest will work itself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elaine. You are just a joy! You encourage and give kindness at every turn!!
      xo!

      Delete
  3. That window shot makes me want to come inside for a cup of coffee. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the church across the street from our house--it's just lovely.

      Delete