Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks, Day 3

Day three of my Thirty Days of Thanks dawned earlier than usual in the Square Toothed/Mountain Man Clan. So early, in fact, that at 9 a.m., we found ourselves eagerly greeting out first house looker of the day.

Selling a house is kind of a big pain, but having your house for sale also has some unexpected benefits.
Some of them are:

Clean house. Cinnamon Pine Cones. Autumn Colors.

Clean house. I'm a pretty tidy housekeeper, borderline neurotic some would say, so having to keep things picked up for potential buyers hasn't been that bad. This morning was especially stellar. Everyone was dressed and things were clean by 9 a.m.

Cinnamon Pine Cones. Every time (and I mean EVERY TIME) I walk into my house I say, "This house smells weird." I have no idea if it really smells weird or not, since I can't smell what our house smells like--what's up with that, by the way? Why don't our noses register what our own living spaces smell like? I'm always worried that it smells like mold, or stinky feet, or Ben-Gay. (What? My knee hurts sometimes.)

Anyway, today, there is no weird smell because Mountain Man came home with cinnamon pine cones...No more Ben-Gay.

Autumn Colors. O.k., the autumn colors don't have much to do with selling a house, but they were the frosting on the day. Take a look:









What are you grateful for today?

11 comments:

  1. I always wonder about the house smell. My friend has so many air freshener things that I wonder what stink I am hosting since I don't have any perfumed sprays blasting at regular intervals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always just assume that my house smells weird, just in case! So there's always a smelly candle burning....:)

      Delete
  2. Grateful for you and your thankful lists! Love this November trend!

    Today I was especially for peace and quiet solo time, hot baths and leftover pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are lovely and Autumny ... Autumnesque?

    Today I'm grateful for left over Thai food, which meant that my hangover from last night will be well taken care of with little to no effort on my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love leftovers, and I love thai food. Sounds like a perfect afternoon!

      Delete
  4. I never really registered what my parents' house smelled like until I moved out. I definitely am not sure what my places smell like unless there is a strange smell.

    Today, I am grateful for an extra bit of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wonder if our house smells like the tortoises. I'm pretty good at smelling something off or odd when I walk in from outside but not always.

    Today I am thankful for cooler weather and a nice morning bike ride with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! And nothing, not even cinnamon pine cones, beat the combined aroma of stinky feet and Ben-Gay. Especially stinky feet coated with Ben-Gay... speaking of which, did you ever notice that Nacho cheese flavoured Doritoes smell exactly like stinky feet, sans Ben-Gay?

    ReplyDelete