Friday, November 2, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks, Day Two

So the problem with Thirty Days of Thanks is that it's probably going to get old reading it everyday for a month. Fortunately, most of my friends of Facebook have gummed up the news feed with irate political posts, or pictures of cats doing household chores, so I don't feel so bad about gumming up the news feed with a little gratitude.

Day two of gratitude:

Sunshine. It was 65 and sunny today in Smallville. I took full advantage and I was able to take a few moments on a morning walk and breathe in the sunshine. Leaves were falling. There was a squirrel. It didn't bite my face off. All was right with the world.

Straight Face Wears Doc Martens. You know those really trendy new moms who dress their babies in, well... whatever-the-heck-is-trendy-right-now-and-outrageously-expensive? When Straight Face was a teeny-tiny, I always wanted to put her in a pair of baby Doc Martens, but I could never justify spending that much on a pair of shoes she would outgrow in 3.5 seconds. So I've been waiting for fourteen years for my "baby" to fit into a pair of Docs that I wouldn't cringe at purchasing.
Today, she wore mine to school. Not only was she ever-so-stylish, but they were free!

Silence. Sometimes the only way to prioritize is to find your own silence. Today was that day for me.

What are you grateful for today? 

14 comments:

  1. i am grateful that after 13 days of killing mice in my house the traps were quiet today - they must be sending out for more troops - but at least all quiet on the western front for now

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Silence. Sometimes the only way to prioritize is to find your own silence. Today was that day for me."
    Yes. that's great. Careful; gratitude has transformed my life. It's wonderful, but like, what's happening! LOL


    Aloha from Waikiki,
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    > < } } (°>

    <°)333><( ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude transforms everything! :)

      Delete
  3. Today I'm grateful for air conditioning. This Summer thing hasn't even started yet and it's already getting up in the 30's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are cooling down and you are heating up--crank up that air conditioning, Kellie!

      Delete
  4. I was surprised recently to read in a newspaper that Docs were back in fashion... because I've never stopped wearing mine. I'd have loved to put my babies in Docs too, but the price is practically the same as the adults!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Back" in fashion?? I could swear they never left! (They really didn't leave did they?!) ;)

      Delete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing you here every day! Love the doc marten opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 65 and sunny?? sounds like a beautiful fall day for sure! perfect for jumping in leaves and grabbing some hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! Crazy around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free Doc Martens? Why, that's just crazy! Let's hope they don't smell like Ben Gay and stinky feet... jest saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not stalking ya, actually, I'm just catching up. at work.. shhhhhh....
      -Cathy in Muskoka

      Delete