Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks

Here's the deal: I am an UNDERACHIEVER...and I'm totally o.k. with it. This month is NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. I was going to get involved, and then I looked at the house I have to pack up and the imminent zombie attack that's about to break out and I was all, "Nahhhhhh."

Instead, I'm committing myself to something a lot easier, because...have I mentioned that I'm an underachiever? This month will be my Thirty Days of Thanks, because if there's one thing I know, it's this: If you think your life sucks, or if you having some struggles, show some gratitude and go help an old lady cross the street or something. You'll feel a lot better about your lot in life, and nine times out of ten, the old lady will give you one of those fruity hard candies that  old ladies like to carry around in their purses.

Without further ado, day one of Thirty Days of Thanks:

Sneaky Hugs. On my morning walk that I ran smack dab into my son outside of his school. I sneaked in a big hug before his friends came around the corner.
Double Rainbow and a knock at the door. A dear friend was driving by and stopped to knock on the door and made sure that I saw the double rainbow in the sky.
Bully at school. A bully at school said something mean to one of the other children, and it made me feel not quite as guilty about writing that "frank, open, and honest" email to his dad last week.

What are you thankful for today?

11 comments:

  1. A friend that stops by to tell you about the double rainbow is aces in my book!

    I am thankful for Almond Joys. And that nobody else in my house likes them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we lived in the dame house I'd totally have to fight you for the Almond joys! Hee!

      Delete
  2. Well it's a good thing you actually answered your door - otherwise you would have missed out on something spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answer the door all the time now--what else can happen?! ;)

      Delete
  3. A sweet man texted me to make sure I saw the rainbow. Love him! And you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, cute! And I love you too!! :)

      Delete
  4. is it too soon to quit NaNoWriMo? I guess I should be thankful that I can still write something. now if only the words comes easily.

    I would have like to see the double rainbow, certainly, it would lift my mood but thanks for sharing it here even in words.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa, it's NEVER too soon to become an underachiever! ;) If you do, welcome to the club...
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a lifetime of overachieving, I am now striving for underachieving. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If some of us weren't underachievers, theree might not be enough for eveyone to do!

    ReplyDelete