Friday, December 21, 2012

Just In Case

The world didn't end today, which, quite frankly, I TOTALLY saw coming. There's too much good happening in the world, or maybe there's not enough, or maybe I just didn't get a chance to pick up my dry cleaning and I've long since believed that in one way or another, it will be on dry cleaning that the fate of the world will hang.

But just in case the world DID end today, I took some precautions:

I ate a donut for breakfast--because if today was the day, then I wanted to be filled with as much, fat, sugar and processed goo as possible so that the zombies would eat me first. Because I don't want to be around for that crazy. Eat my brains, zombies, and get it over with.

I left my bed unmade. I know there's a whole subset of humans that never make their bed, but I was hardwired (probably in the crib) to climb out of bed and IMMEDIATELY make it upon pain of shame and guilt from my mother, grandmother and every hotel maid on planet earth. However, today, I threw caution to the wind and let the tumble of sheets remain as is for the day. Take that, bed.

I didn't wash my hair. I've been growing out my hair and it's really becoming a pain to dry and style. So today, I just didn't wash it. I woke up and went to work. I look like a scary troll doll now, but if today was the last day, no one but the undead would be noticing my hair anyway...and they would just bite through it to my braaaaaaaaaaains anyway.

I was a kind and courteous driver.
No, really. I was.

Shut up, and stop laughing.

I fulfilled a bet that's been hanging over my head for a while. A couple of years ago my brother and I made a bet and I lost. I was supposed to take him out to lunch at Bajios. But before I could, it closed. So today, I found a Bajios in Portland and I went to lunch. The catch was, he was in Maryland, not Portland, but both the state of Maryland and the city of Portland end with the word "land" and that's good enough for me.
I can't help it if he didn't show up.

I sent him a picture though.

Debt fulfilled.

What did you do to prepare for the end of the world, just in case?

19 comments:

  1. You know that whole subset of people who don't make their beds was created by Grandma Stott's baby blankets, right? I still don't make my bed...and I still sleep with my blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am WELL aware of the subset of humans who don't make the bed...I'm married to one! :)

      Delete
  2. I bought the chocolate cherry slice at lunch. I figured what the hell, if it's the last day, I want to go out all sugared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEll done, Kellie!!I would have joined you!

      Delete
  3. You crack me up, Lisa, you really, really do. You know what? I didn't do anything special for the end of the world - believe it or not, when the day came, I totally forgot about it. *face palm*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...I almost DID for get about it....:)

      Delete
  4. Love how your fulfilled the bet with your bro. I hope he enjoyed the picture and will accept it as done.

    Your last breakfast in case of the zombies is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no last breakfast better than donuts...:)

      Delete
  5. I drank DC and watched cute french movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drank DC and watched cute french movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your style, Square-Toothed.

    But remind me not to place any further bets with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You must know my brother...who said the same thing...;)

      Delete
  8. After the nasty winds of last week, when I really DID think the world might end, or at least our house was coming down on top of us, I almost forgot about the whole "end of the world" thing too... I am glad we're all still here, and can look forward to the next manufactured crisis (because we don't have enough of the real ones? Ha.) to get all wound up about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who the heck ARE those freaks who manufacture crisis all the time?? They make me tired...:)

      Delete
  9. I laughed at people who did anything to prepare for it...although, it was a good excuse for a little self-indulgence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...and that's why I ate that donut. :)

      Delete