If you're not....WHY NOT?? I'm not judging your choices, (oh yes I am) but why are you spending time on Facebook, or Twitter, or watching the tele or reading--wait. Strike that. Reading trumps Pinterest.
Anywayyyyyyyy, for those of you who live under a rock or in a hole in the ground (like some lovely people I'm related to--a-hem, Mother, I'm talking to you!) Pinterest is an online bulletin board where you can categorize your finds (pins) from around the Interwebs all into one place.
If you're amazingly savvy, you go out into the world wide webbens and find cool images (ideas, etc.) to pin and then you look really cool because you're the original pinner. But if you're like me, you simply repin all the cool stuff from other people who have done all the hard work for me.
What can I say?
I'm a lazy pinner.
Pinterest has changed my life in a myriad of ways.
A few of them include:
- No longer being irritated when Mountain Man plays video games--because I can be on Pinterest--although I will tell you this: his video games have NEVER (not even once) produced chicken enchiladas, super clean laundry, or a heart garland for Valentine's day. Loser.
- I no longer subscribe to home decor magazines because I can just pin all the images I really like from the magazine's websites. .....O.K., I still TOTALLY subscribe to magazines, but I'm moving to Portland soon and trying out my new role of "recycler extraordinaire" so I can be socially acceptable...who are we kidding. I could care less about my social acceptability, I just wanted to sound cool. It didn't work, did it? ....Sigh.
- Most of my conversations now begin with "On Pinterest...." This is especially true when I talk with my mom. I amaze and surprise her with the wonders of Pinterest, and she pretends I am brilliant and came up with the solution all by myself. Of course, I take the credit.
- I now have the cleanest shower of my adult life. Seriously. You could eat dinner in there, or at least, prepare dinner in there (like Kramer from Seinfeld) if you really wanted to. It's THAT clean. My secret, you may ask? Equal parts blue Dawn dish soap and white distilled vinegar. Mix, spray, let sit overnight, wipe clean. Prepare to be amazed.
- I feel highly accomplished and creative even though in reality, I'm doing nothing more than compiling the longest list (in the history of humankind) of projects that will never be completed or attempted...and I'm o.k. with that. I really DO feel accomplished even just THINKING about making say, a poolside beach towel holder out of p.v.c. pipes, because all good actions begin with an idea and I've got to start somewhere, right??
- I hate cats. No, seriously, loathe them. I think they are evil geniuses and trying to take over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if one day (so, so soon, friend) we find out that cats have been running things since the beginning of time. But don't get me wrong, just because I'm not a cat person, doesn't mean that I don't honor cat owner's love of their pets. I, personally, just don't want to own a being that will claw my eyes out in my sleep the very first chance it gets.
That being said, I am now the most addicted cat fan on Pinterest because of the phenomenon known as "Grumpy Cat". I can honestly say, without shame, I love that crazy grumpy cat. If you haven't seen grumpy cat, here are a few gems:
Of course, Pinterest has changed my life for the better in other ways too, but quite frankly, I can't remember what they are because I'm too busy trying to decide which grumpy cat image to pin next.
Which reminds, me, I gotta run, I just heard there's a new recipe for chicken enchiladas which I will never make, but I really REALLY need to pin just the same.
How about you, are you on Pinterest?