Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Joyride A to Z: Hope

Oh how I hope.

This moving transition has kicked my spirit to the ground, and the months before it were kind of soul battering as well.

And yet, I hope.

I hope that we will land safely and happily.
I hope we make some friends here.
I hope I see the dear friends I left behind very soon.
I hope my husband's hours level out and we can see his face in the daylight sometime.
I hope my children make some connections and actually want to go to school like they did before.
I hope a million other tiny little inconsequential hopes that will never mean anything to anyone else but me.

I hope.
I hope.
I hope.

I can't help hoping. There are no guarantees, but I continue to wake up in the morning clinging fast to my hope. 

I send my hopes to the Universe and my hopeful intention bends circumstances to my very will--I don't have any scientific evidence that this is the way things work, only my own limited experience.

When it seems like there is nothing but darkness and pain and confusion and chaos, there is, in that moment, growing from one tiny tether of hope, a pathway of peace. The problem is is that I am right in the middle of my chaos and it's impossible to gain ground high enough to see the path before me.
That is why I hope.

And one day, in one moment, I will recognize all that all I'd hoped for is blooming right before my eyes.
The key is to continue hoping.

After all, my other choice is to paddle upstream in despair.
I'm not strong enough for that.

And so I hope.


Hope brings me joy. What brings you joy?

"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." ~Christopher Reeve

18 comments:

  1. I dedicate this post to Pandora (the Greek myth and not the radio station).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed right out loud when I read that, Michael!! :) You made my day!!

      Delete
  2. you gotta keep hoping or drown in despair
    great attitude

    Lady's Knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it helps give you more hope, which would give me some joy, my limited experience tells me it works the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when I realize what I am hoping for, I also realize it is time to try to make that thing happen. I so hope you discover something wonderful in your new surroundings (um, okay I don't think I can try to make that happen for you...sorry, but I know you will do a fabulous job)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will all happen when it's supposed to! :)

      Delete
  5. When one has to reach up to touch bottom, hope is usually in short supply.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah hope, it's the most delectable feeling, almost like a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....deeeeeeeeeelectable. Mm-mm. ;)

      Delete
  7. Hope is beautiful, just like this post. Keep on hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope,faith, mustard seed size is all that is reqired - you are always an inspiration to me - love my mountain man clan so very dearly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love YOU so very much Aunt Lynnette!!! xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. Is now an OK time to tell you I miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope is something I can never let go of. I've been lost without it far too many times and I cannot let it go again.

    ReplyDelete