Monday, May 27, 2013

How Benedict Cumberbatch and J.J. Abrams Just Saved My Marriage

Are you a hard-core Sherlock fan?
Do you swoon a little when you see those cheekbones?
What about his voice?
Does it get any more sensual than that voice?
Did you see the new Star Trek?

(Can you believe the words Star Trek came out of my mouth, or in this case, fingers?)
Why am I asking so many questions? Am I still in high school??

Never in a million years did I think that I'd become a Star Trek/Wars/Gate fan. Then I got married and Mountain Man is a fan of all things fantastical and sci-fi-ific, so it was easier for me to hop on the band wagon of his movie tastes rather than him mine. After all, isn't the love story between Uhura and Spock just as epic as Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy?

Yeah, I'm not buying it either.

Then today happened. After 16 years of sci-fi/fantasy indoctrination our two worlds finally collided.
Thank the heavens.
I thought I was going to die.

So Benedict, J.J. Abrams, my thanks to you. You just saved my marriage.
Oh, and Chris Pine, you're just downright delicious.

Did you see it? Do you love him too?

via Google

22 comments:

  1. What a hoot. We almost saw it today and then just couldn't get our act together... I'm glad he does it for you. I like him well enough, but he's not on my "swoon" list. There are others, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I know. Just say the words "Matt Damon" to me and see what happens. ;) Ha!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen it yet- I was too busy getting my geek on with Marvel. Iron Man 3 is sooooo good! Ever since my major life changes, I've embraced my inner nerd with a bear hug and it is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- YES to Sherlock- and The Hobbit!!!!! It's the hair that does it for me. The hair and the eyes and the coat. MMmmmmmm.

      Delete
    2. ALL OF IT. The crazy manic behavior, the hair, the cheekbones...swoon...:)

      Delete
  3. To this day, I still maintain that Sheppard and McKay in SGA were really in a relationship and the writers were just too spineless to acknowledge it. Sci-fi and good looking boys, what more can you want :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NEVER thought about that! And I can TOTALLY see it! McKay was always trying too hard...

      Delete
  4. I.Love.Star.Trek.Movies. All of them. I will admit I had to look up this Bnedict fellow. I adored him in this film. I am particularly enthrall with the fact that the ew, new Star Trek is giving so much back story to the original series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched Sherlock yet? Check it out, you will fall in looooooove.

      Delete
  5. hehe, I saw it and really enjoyed it. Although perhaps for different reasons since I'm a long time sci-fi fan and all the Kahn stuff for me so giddy. Geek out moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm becoming one! I was all excited about seeing it too--Benedict just made the whole experience sweeter!

      Delete
  6. Benedict Cumberbatch = Total Nerdgasm! Star Trek vs. Austen? Puhlease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch it Brandy! ;) Nobody messes with the Batch!! lol!

      Delete
  7. I don't know what half of that said. All I know is the show bored me to sleep, but I went with my coworkers to see the new Star Trek movie and it was actually good. I didn't even fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw the new movie, and will see it again, again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa... May our "tribe" increase !!.. We all Swoon over him... Is it love with the actor or the character or Both ??? Hmmmm... I'm SHER locked in every sense too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its me agin dearie.. deepshikha in above comment...i started two blogs earlier but then kids happened and life is still swirling and twirling... u inspire me again to write ...so i will soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right. So , I knew he was a good actor, having seen him first in Anazing Grace. But never really condsidred him as a hoottie until the Into Darkness. His eyes are quite compelling, lips, well, also compelling, but good grief, that man moves with a lot if grace. And while how one is formed may be nice, what form they show in action is doubly so. But I suppose someone into extreme sports would.

    ReplyDelete