Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sunshine & Inspiration!


Brandy, over at Brandy's Bustlings, has so very kindly awarded me with the Very Aspiring Blogger Award! Thank you Brandy!!





The rules of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award as as follows:
1. Display the award logo. 2. Link it back to the person that gave it to you. 3. State seven things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 bloggers and include their links in your blog

And if that wasn't awesome, Murees, over at Daily Drama of an Aspiring Writer awarded me with the lively Sunshine Award! Thank you Murees!!



The Sunshine Award's rules are as follows:

You have to feature a picture of this award in a post or on your blog.
You have to answer 10 random questions about yourself.
You have to nominate 10 other bloggers to receive this award and then you have to link to their blogs and let them know about receiving it.
 
And we all know that I am fundamentally LAZY. So I'm going to combine these awards and make up my own rules. Life is more fun that way!
Here are some random fun facts about me:

* I am a mostly full time vegetarian, unless I don't feel like it, then I eat meat.
* I have an unnatural addiction to Diet Coke. Every day I think, "Today I will quit." Then I never do.
* We just moved. It was hard.
* I like people, but I never answer the front door. Too many variables.
* If I could have any pet, it would be a parrot named Pooter. It's just so I can be like Mrs. Jenning's from Ang Lee's Sense & Sensibility, where she comes back to London and upon entering the house says, "Ah Pooter, still alive I see."
* I like to read, play the guitar, sing, play the piano and carry on commentary as I'm watching strangers in the park/airport/on street corners. I once carried on a half hour docu-drama while leaning out the window of a hotel room off Broadway in NYC. I was two stories up and didn't even fall out the window. Score one for the clumsy girl!
* I give people nicknames. They usually stick.

And I'm going to pass BOTH of these awards on to the following bloggers:

Susanna at Behind My Eyes
Julia at A Day in the Life
The Islander at And the Livin' is Easy
Lissa at The Rain Girl
Ghadeer at Spill Beans

These wonderful bloggers make me think, and bring great joy with their authenticity!
I hope you enjoy reading them too!!
 

18 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll check out the peeps you nominated asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for the nomination!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much :) I love knowing that somebody's enjoying what I write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always!! You are one of my favorite bloggers!!

      Delete
  3. I don't answer the phone unless I absolutely have to. Never mind variables. I just freeze up and it leads to awkward things for everyone. It really sucks when I have to be a hostess at work and answer the phone though. So awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate the phone, too! After a long time obsession, I've finally got it out of my system for good!

      Delete
    2. I totally get it. I'm fine if it's for work, but if it's personal, I'm all, "No, thank you." ;)

      Delete
  4. I get your Diet Coke addiction and I can relate! great awards! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't answer the door either, unless I'm expecting a package or something. My paranoid - um, creative? imaginative? - mind comes up with too many creepy scenarios. I'm glad to know it's not just me since I always kind of thought it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY not you! Seriously, doorbells feel really Pavlovian too...so I don't feel bad if I don't jump when it rings. (Justification much? Why yes, thank you.:)

      Delete
  6. Look at you and your flair! JOYFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like reading facts about you. you seem like a natural writer. I'm always happy to read your writing.

    I'm not sure I'll pass them on as I'm just too drained from an ongoing cold/allergy but thanks for the awards.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Lissa!!! There's no obligation, you are just such an inspiring and joyful artist I had to pass them along!
      Love to you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Thank you Lisa!!! You're just awesome and a big inspiration for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lisa for the nomination...you have encouraged me to broaden my horizon and read more blogs. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your idea of a parrot named Pooter! The Very Inspiring Blogger badge is lovely - I'm going through a butterfly stage!

    ReplyDelete