Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sporadic Ambivalence of Indecision

I can't seem to make up my mind.

Let me set the stage:
It's chilly outside--not cold--but chilly.
I put up Halloween decorations today (I'm not one of those people who keep them up long.) The house smells like cinnamon and cloves and other festive fall scents.
The bowl of Halloween candy is sitting next to the front door, because I like trick-or-treaters.
The bowl is only half full because Mountain Man and the kids keep swiping hand fulls as they walk out the door.
There is a skeleton sitting on the wreath outside my front door.

All is pointed to that most delectable and dastardly night of the year, All Hallows eve.
The only exception is the resounding chorus of  "Angels We Have Heard On High."

Welcome to our house.

What's your Halloween tradition? 


4 comments:

  1. When I was little, my mom used to make a "bloody jack o lantern" cake. Red velvet cake with orange frosting and weird faces in black. We had to stop doing it because of years without a reliable oven, but we brought it back this year! Its going to work with me though, so that others can enjoy it. This year we added red frosting and candy knives, just to mix it up. haha

    Other than that, I dunno what traditions we have. I'm just excited to dress up for Halloween! Ahhh, I can't wait. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! That's an awesome tradition!!

      Delete
  2. Th decorations...oh my! I love getting out all of the Halloween books (even if nobody really reads them anymore). There is still one page of one book that makes my 16 year old crack up, so I love presenting him with that!

    ReplyDelete