Saturday, November 2, 2013

Giving Thanks, Day 2: Chocolate & Rain

When I was a kid, my mom used to make chocolate chip cookies and when we heard the mixer whirring away, we all kind of gravitated to the kitchen. Impatient with waiting the seven minutes for the dough to cook, we armed ourselves with the biggest spoons we could find and filled them with raw cookie dough. Not once did any of us get food poisoning from the raw eggs--and according to my memories (which at best are cracked lenses to my past) chocolate chip cookies were always the byproduct of a rainy day.

It's raining tonight and the rain always reminds me of my mom and her chocolate chip cookies.
Rainy days are the best days.

I'm grateful tonight for chocolate and rain.


What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm....two of my favorite things as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you in the photo above? Wow. So beautiful. And yah, food poisoning and raw dough - I saw a warning on a cake mix box the other day to not eat raw cake batter. WTF? There's no point making a cake if you can't lick the beaters.... especially when they're running.

    ReplyDelete