Thursday, November 7, 2013

Giving Thanks Days 4-7, Catching Up

It's raining here today in Portland. No shocker there, right? It's gorgeous outside and I'm sitting here staring out the window and reflecting on the last few days. Here's to having good intentions, dropping the ball then catching up.

November 4: I'm grateful for Mondays. After a long and hectic weekend, it feels good to catch up in a quiet house.

November 5: I painted all day today. I'm grateful for a garage to get messy in. It felt good to stretch those creative muscles.

November 6: Mountain Man took today off. We went to the DMV, yeah, we really know how to have a good time. I'm grateful we finally got licenses and car registrations changed--it's only been nine months--A-HEM, I mean thirty days since we moved here.

November 7: I'm grateful for skipping school. We all got up at the usual time this morning to rush off to school--but instead, I flexed my dictatorial parent skills and made the executive decision to take a mental health day. We are watching "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" and marveling at it's train wreck-like drama--I just. Can't. Turn. Away. This was a long paragraph to say, I'm grateful for mental health days.

What are you grateful for today?

4 comments:

  1. Oh lordy, I'm grateful for a big steaming pile! What I'm not grateful about is our Thanksgiving is already over, which means I have to wait for Christmas for turkey. *grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skipping school, how awesome!!! I am grateful that my sinuses are the only thing getting me down today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking that time to re-balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for mental health days!! I need to take one of those some time soon! Glad you were able to get some things done and also relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete