Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Giving Thanks, Breathing Into It

I started out this month with the intention to give thanks every day for some small thing in my life--but here's the deal: As I fall exhausted onto the couch each night, I feel like I'm just scrawling some things out to "giving thanks" just so I can hit the publish button on my blog and go to bed. The meaning behind the action has lost its savor to me.

So, I may post for the rest of November...and I may not. But the important thing is, is that I will be breathing into my gratitude and putting meaning behind the posts instead of just trying to catch up. Sound good?

In no particular order--here are some of my grateful moments over the last week or so:


  • Mountain Man used his mad McGyver skills and illegally cut a hole in a fence that is leads to the adjacent neighborhood. A-hem. I meant to say, Mountain Man and I legally made our way through the woods to a nearby neighborhood for a lovely walk. I can now walk to the library and the store without being hit by a truck. 
  • Dear friends came to stay for the weekend. We laughed and talked and just enjoyed one another's company. It's good to have friends. 
  • A wonderful friend checks in with me almost every night via Facebook. We don't live near one another at all, but she sends her love via cables and cords and the mystery that is the interwebs, she's kind of a Roxxstarr. 
  • It occurred to me that the "littles" are so little anymore. Straight Face will soon be 15 and Master A is 10. We have two children both in the double digits. I find myself wanting the break out into "Sunrise, Sunset" more frequently than is appropriate. 
  • I almost fell down today--but didn't. Win!! 

How about you? How's your week going so far?
Is there anything that's bringing gratitude to your door? 


11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the not falling down. That always makes a good day in my world. So, this totally legal access... does it get you into *my* neighborhood? Because that would make me way happy. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Yes it does. I'm literally 1 minute from your house if I run like a zombie is chasing me. :)

      Delete
    2. Which, of course, I will never do...unless a zombie is ACTUALLY chasing me because, zombies. So, I'm really like 5 minutes from you. Heee!!!

      Delete
  2. Yay! And the journey will be safer than walking down that dark, sidewalk-less stretch of 142nd. Unless you can't out-run the zombie, obvy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, now I can just sqeeze, birth-like, through the fence and leap into your yard like the gazelle that I am! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love secret passageways!! Glad you have one and that you have a great long-distance friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret passageways really are the best!!

      Delete
  4. Loved your list today, as always! - the first and the last entries, especially. But I could relate to all the rest! I am thankful for the way you always make me laugh! love you, my friend! Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ELAINE! I've missed you and love you! I've been on a little blog sabbatical but now I'm back to reading and can't wait to catch up on your wonderfulness!!! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods...xoxo

      Delete
  5. I like your list, especially the last one, as I did almost fall today wearing new boots. I'm also thankful I can stay warm without having to give away an arm and a leg.

    hope your day is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the last one is my favorite. Haha I fall down so often, my boyfriend has started putting a star on the calander every time it happens. I've been here a week as of today and only one day doesn't have a star on the calander. Lol

    ReplyDelete