Friday, November 1, 2013

November 1, Day One of Giving Thanks

It's November, happy Thanksgiving season! Each November for the last couple of years, I've posted 30 Days of Giving Thanks. Sometimes, I get pretty down. Sometimes I get r e a l l y down. Often, my emotions vacilate between ecstatic joy and hysterical indifference. When this happens, gratitude tethers me to the present moment, which quite frankly, is something I need help with every single day of my life.

So, day one, here goes:

Now that the autumn season is fully upon us here, the leaves are falling from the trees and just beyond the wildness behind our house, the crest of not too distant mountain can be spied through the trees. While the picture quality is poor (because I had to take it through a window) in person, the view is stunning. I am grateful for the wildness, the view and the gift of fallen leaves that reveals such beauty.



"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize nothing is lacking, the whole world belongs to you." ~Lao Tzu

  What are you grateful for today?

9 comments:

  1. I am grateful for the wind and rain that let me get things done inside this morning and for the sun that came out so I could go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I am grateful for autumn. My favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful that my first visiting teacher is as wonderful and beautiful and special as you are. I mean this, you have truly made a difference in my life and it's a pleasure to know you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful that my first visiting teacher is as wonderful and beautiful and special as you are. I mean this, you have truly made a difference in my life and it's a pleasure to know you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for the beautiful sunshine that hits the trees and makes a golden light as I drive to and from town every day.

    ReplyDelete